Monday, June 9, 2008

June Showers

Right when I got out of the shower Jeff notified that the most intense rain my friend has ever seen in Japan was coming down.  I proceeded to look for myself at this monstrous rain.  Jeff was right and an impulse kicked in. I threw off my towel and threw on some shorts and ran outside.  I knocked on Katrina's window and her and Jeff ran out to meet me in the middle of the park.  Rain thunder and lighting poured down around us.  One of the most freeing moments of my life.  Its up there with the night skinny dip (doug Ian you know what I'm talking about).  We were running in the street as cars drove past and awkward stares by the Japanese motorists.  We were next to a business with the door open and noticed the employees laughing  at us.  I motioned to them to join us but they passed on the opportunity.  A few minutes later I saw one of them run out and enjoy the moment.  For some reason I sensed a bit of liberation for him, a small break from a typical Japanese work day.  Today was a great day.


2 comments:

Shell said...

Aw, my sweet lil Richie. Just thinking you blissfully playing in the rain without a care in world makes my heart happy. But then reality sets in and I remember that you suck for leaving here at work all alone.
But I still love you. Gene says hi.
~shell

JerichoAlmiranez said...

That picture is so sick
imiss the rain!!
whats crackin my fweng?