Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Konnichiwa


One of the easiest flights of my life.  I ate lunch, then read for a bit, then slept, then woke up to eat again, and then slept some more, and then woke up and I was about to land in 30 minutes. Yea it was nice.  I really have to thank God for these great travel genes.  I just switch into hibernation mode whenever I travel.  I'm made for this stuff.  
Tokyo is so amazing. It is such a huge city, keep a look out for new photos once I make it into town.  It's about 12am Tokyo time right now. I had my first meal in Japan, which oddly enough was Indian food.  And dang good Indian food at that.  The owners are from Nepal and they pride themselves for making the best Indian food.  It was quite amazing, I ate four different types of nan (sooo good).  I'm starting to learn some Japanese words.  I tried to ask for more water and failed, but I'll do better next time.  
I will be sleeping in tomorrow and then hitting the town.  I'll try and get some good shots of the district I'm in for ya'll. 
I also made some new friends.  Dieki, Yumi, and Yuki (probably spelt wrong) they live here in Japan and seem really nice.  Yuki likes Lincoln Park, haha.  Im looking forward to getting to know them more. 

stay posted more to come as my adventure continues.

3 comments:

blythe said...

glad you made it safely and smoothly!
can't wait to see more pictures!! :D

Margaret said...

I'm looking forward to hearing more about Japan! Eat tons of susi=)

Anonymous said...

This is great! I am so happy you have this blog. I will worry less. hehe. Love you and glad you made it safely.